The fun of Halloween can be dangerous. Wearing costumes, walking in the dark and being in unfamiliar neighborhoods raise the risk of injury. Costumes and masks make it harder for children to see and be seen by motorists.
- Falls are the leading cause of injuries on Halloween
- Children are at higher risk that usual for being hit by motorist
Always teach children to:
- Stop at all corners and look left-right-left
- Avoid entering the street between parked cars
- Travel only in familiar areas and along an agreed upon route