BIAU for Your Business
Invite our Executive Director, Glenn Lanham, to your next staff meeting! He will give a short presentation on the many resources available to you and your clients through the Brain Injury Alliance of Utah. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diagnostic tests, therapies, support groups, and more are available for survivors and caretakers. There are many who want to help you; we know their names. We can help you. Schedule a free appointment today!
Nominate a survivor, family member, educator, or professional for an award at our Family & Professional’s Conference!
Have a brain injury? Need help?Please call 801-716-4993 or contact us.
Donate to the BIAUcall 801-716-4993 or toll free at 800-281-8442
Resources For Those That Suffer With Brain Injury
Find the right community resources for your brain injury needs. Call our office at 801-716-4993 or toll free at 800-281-8442 to schedule a free consultation!
“When i emailed BIAU, I felt lost, depressed, confused and really unsure where to turn. The first time I spoke with Adam, I knew I was home!! I got hope, relief, and a sense of peace that I was the taking to the right person and I was at the right place. I was not alone. Thank you, thank you!!!!
“I have been in contact though email with a representative and he has been extremely helpful and encouraging to my circumstance. I cannot wait to get down there to be able to meet the wonderful people that make up the support team associated with this program!”
“The Brain Injury Alliance is an invaluable resource…and full of scrupulous care!!!”
“I would be lost if it wasn’t for the help and resources I’ve received from the Brain Injury Alliance. Thank you for helping me learn how to be the new me!”
“I love these people. They are very compassionate and understanding”
Volunteer Your TimeJoin Our Community
- Volunteer in the office! Join us for special events. 5K Run, or the Family & Professionals Conference. Prevention support.
Be HeadsmartBike Helmet For Sale!
- For only $5 you can buy a brand new bike helmet! Save a head. Buy a helmet. Only protect the brain you want to keep.
Support UsWe ♥ Donations
- Family & Professionals Conference, HeadSmart program, $5 helmets, Support Groups, Advocacy
- concerns or complaints about services in the community
- questions about rights,
- access to appropriate services,
- ideas for making services better; and
- general questions or the need for information concerning services for persons with traumatic brain injuries
- learn more!
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Did you know?
- Every 23 seconds, one person in the U.S. sustains a brain injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is a silent yet serious epidemic currently leaving 5.3 million Americans with disabilities. This represents over- 2% of the US population; 56,000 victims in Utah alone!
- Falls are the leading cause of TBI. Rates are highest for children aged 0-4 years and for adults aged 75 years and older.
- Motor vehicle-traffic injury is the leading cause of TBI-related death. Rates are highest for adults aged 20-24 years.
- There was a 62% increase in fall-related TBI seen in emergency departments among children aged 14 years and younger from 2002 to 2006.
- Every 7 minutes, someone dies of a brain injury
- One death every day and one brain injury every four minutes can be prevented by the use of helmets in recreational activities, including skiing and biking.
- An estimated 1.7 million people sustain a TBI annually.
- 52,000 die, 275,000 are hospitalized, and 1.365 million, nearly 80% are treated and released from an emergency department.
- In Utah, 500 die, over 2,000 are hospitalized and 20,000 are treated and released from an emergency department each year.